Swanuja Advances in the Flinn Scholarship

flinn.org

Scholarships are extremely influential and guide the path for students on their educational endeavors, easing the burden of financial stress. The Flinn Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship that is part of the Flinn Foundation, which was established in 1965 and aims to improve the quality of life and more specifically healthcare in Arizona.  The founders were cardiologist Robert Flinn and Irene Flinn, a wealthy philanthropist. The grants focused on biomedical research and medical education as well as community healthcare and health-policy issues until the 1980’s in which it expanded to include the Flinn Scholars Program and the arts. This was an interim change because in 2001 they narrowed their focus to the advancement of biosciences in Arizona.

explore.gcu.edu

Swanuja Godasi is one of the 36 Flinn remaining finalists after the January interview. She feels grateful and honored to have made it this far in the Flinn scholarship process. For her interview, she wishes to respond in a way that accurately portrays her to the interviewers and hopes that she is confident enough to convey what she wants to say. In order to accomplish this, she has been practicing interview questions with her family, friends, and teachers. To Swanuja, the Flinn Scholarship means a community of amazing people and a platform to be a community leader. One piece of advice she would give to students is to “be yourself! This is very cliché, but take something you love and run with it and find a way to use that interest to benefit your community.” We are proud of Swanuja’s accomplishments and hope she accomplishes her educational goals. Go Knights!