Julie Park’s 100 Hour Achievement

Julie Parks 100 Hour Achievement

Key Club is a popular high school extracurricular that promotes leadership, responsibility, and community service. Many students across the globe take part in this, as it is a remarkable opportunity to get volunteer hours and meet new people. One of those students is Julie Park, a sophomore here at ACP. Her journey with Key Club began during her first year of high school when she chose to join it due to needing more service hours, and her sister and friends were already in the organization. Key Club sticks out because it is unique in that every member puts effort into the group.

Key Club member Julie recently won the award by applying through the Key Club website. When I interviewed Julie, she explained, “I think the blanket-making was an outstanding project because it served as a great opportunity to bond with my club friends while helping those in need and earning service hours.” A takeaway from Key Club that Julie has is to always give back to your community since several individuals give up their time, and we should do the same. Although Julie does volunteer for service hours, she does it more to impact those who give more to us.

In the beginning, Julie was hesitant to attend Key Club events without her friends, but thanks to Key Club and Best Buddies, she created more connections and forever-lasting friendships. So, her advice to you is, “Try not to be nervous, and sign up for those events as you will never know.” There was never a single moment where Julie felt left out because every Key Club member was very inclusive and welcoming. Therefore, if you want to join this astonishing club, do it. Julie has participated in various events such as the annual hot chocolate run, school events including IKF and Steam Knight, and Speech and Debate. It is a worthwhile experience to gain.

ACP’s Key Club advisor, Mrs. Michaelson, is always very prepared, the meetings and events are proof of hard-work, and the president, Kristine Kim, is very passionate and always puts her best effort into the club. Julie Park truly believes ACP’s Key Club could not be as great as it is without them. Julie’s accomplishment is one of the many she has yet to take on. Julie is a reminder to strive for the impossible and be extraordinary. Go Knights!