Knight Times

The Student News Site of Arizona College Prep

Knight Times

Knight Times

The 4th and Final School Assembly

It’s that time, Knights! This academic school year is ending in just WEEKS! Over the course of the academic year, every student and staff member created an incredible amount of memories and moments. Pupils made friendships, and possibly more, that will always be a big part of the memories that people have of their time in high school! The fourth quarter assembly was held on April 25, 2024, as one of the final activities for the year. Culturally, this is one of the last times this year that the classes of 2027, 2026, 2025, and 2024 will be all together in the room of the large gymnasium. It brought the school together to commemorate this year’s 2024 seniors and Prom, which happened the next day, April 26th. Starlite Soiree-themed purple, yellow, and white posters and flags were used to decorate the gymnasium. There are also large, pretty purple and white balloons coiled into large balloon stands for all to marvel at and see. The lights gave the entire room a purple-like aroma filled with energy and exhilaration. As our last assembly of the year, this one will undoubtedly go down in student’s books of memories whenever they reminisce about their most cherished memories of the 2023–2024 school year!

This assembly was filled with award recognitions, such as the Finn Scholarship winners and PSAT finalists. The assembly also consisted of announcing the Prom court nominees, which were the Prom king and queen and also the prince and princess.  We also enjoyed seeing the spring sports make their thrilling entrance into the gym for all to see and cheer as loud as possible. Next, seen at almost every assembly this year, the Varsity Cheer and Royalettes Team amazed us with their impressive flips and moves that were very professional and amazing to watch for the last time this year. Assemblies like these are prime opportunities for individuals to display diversity, leadership, and responsibility. Another excellent way to encourage students to interact and support one another at any time is to get them together in a big group. Finally, as one of the last things that took place, the school had a class competition to see who could cheer the biggest and loudest. It came down to a very intense yet roaring competition between sophomores and seniors. The winners were seniors because they had the loudest voices out of everyone else in the gymnasium. The final thing that took place was when the seniors were asked to go to the middle of the gym so that everyone could chant their class as they were sent off as they embarked on their next exhilarating chapter after high school graduation.

This was a wonderful and exciting final assembly, which will be one for the books as we head into Summer Break, a very anticipated break that all students and staff are eagerly looking forward to after finals and AP season. Thank you to everyone who was in and helped it happen, and thank you to STUGO for doing such a great job! Don’t forget to strive for the impossible and extraordinary! Go Knights!