Knight Times

The Student News Site of Arizona College Prep

Knight Times

Knight Times

Dessert Delight: Gulab Jamun Cake!

Photo Credit: J Cooking Odyssey

As the new month of March has yet to begin, let me share an irresistible yet appetizing treat that can readily become one’s favorite! Whether or not one denies or accepts, everyone has a love for desserts, some of which runs deep within many. Each comestible dessert comes in a different size, flavor, or color. Each individual has their way of bringing their ideas for desserts to life. Deserts truly represent all the good things in life, lavishness, and reward, which so many have come to love and enjoy. As one of the many pleasures in life, baking desserts is also seen as a very relaxing process yet rewarding at the same time, but most of all, it is complete fun and something one can never become bored of. There’s an undeniable allure to desserts that transcends mere taste, intertwining with memories and emotions. Among these decadent delights, cakes stand as a symbol of celebration and comfort, their presence often marking special occasions or simple indulgences. With each forkful, one can taste the ingredients and the passion and creativity poured into their creation. From their moist layers and decadent frostings to their artistic decorations, cakes captivate both the palate and the stomach. This cake recipe is known to be called Gulab Jamun Cake! 

Photo Credit: Bake with Shivesh

Dry ingredients 

1. 1 1/3 cups of all-purpose flour 
  2. 1 cup dry milk 
  3. 1 tsp baking soda 

Wet ingredient 

1. 1 cup butter 
  2. Half cup sugar 
  3. 1 teaspoon cardamom
  4. 1/2 tsp salt 
  5. 1 tsp vanilla extract
  6. 4 eggs 

Mix the dry and wet ingredients and put the batter into any cake pan of your choice!

Gulab Jamun Syrup

1. 1 cup water
  2. 1 cup granulated sugar
  3. ½ teaspoon saffron thread
  4. 8 cardamom pods, slightly crushed
  5. 1 cinnamon stick
  6. 1 teaspoon rose water
  7. 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice

Once the baked cake has cooled down, poke holes and slowly drizzle the syrup for a mouth-watering taste!

When I got to bake using this recipe, I loved every minute of it—not just the final product, but the whole baking experience as well. One way of creating such desserts is not the sole approach. There are hundreds of ways to change, subtract, or add to a recipe to create a brand new recipe to their utmost satisfaction. The task of baking desserts is just as satisfying as finally perceiving the final product of all the hard work put in. Indeed, one will make mistakes, but that is how one learns and improves from that point forward, never looking back. 

Here is the recipe in full detail!

https://tasty.co/recipe/gulab-jamun-cake-as-made-by-hetal-vasavada?fbclid=IwAR1fkXVngZ_I3gMgOr_-5onOWyuB08E8qp4CYNXzjljk4mhmcAYbJiEJFlY