A Heritage Delight: Tres Leches Cake

Photo Courtesy to Epicurious

In honor of tonight’s International Knights Festival, I’d like to represent my Hispanic heritage through a traditional dessert known as the Tres Leches cake. It is crucial to expand our knowledge and understanding of other heritages and the various cultures that make ACP what we are today. The Tres Leches cake is a delicious sponge cake soaked in three different layers of milk. The three types of milk include evaporated, condensed milk, and heavy cream. It is scrumptious and ultra moist but a light dessert, vanilla cake, suited for multiple occasions. 

Photo Courtesy to Tastes Better From Scratch

If you want to bake this delicious treat, you first have to preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. After preheating, butter a casserole dish and ensure you have three bowls for mixing. Using one of those bowls, sift all your dry ingredients. Then, separate the egg whites and its yolks into the remaining two bowls. Beat yolks and sugar until it is pale, and have your milk and vanilla stirred in. While beating your whites until soft, add and beat the sugar until it turns stiff. Then mix in your yolk with flour, and fold in whites. Now you can bake your cake for 30-35 minutes. After baking, let it cool and top with milk mixture, whipped cream, and berries.

The ingredients you’ll need are:

• Evaporated milk
  • Heavy whipped cream
  • Sweetened condensed milk
  • 4 Eggs
  • Sugar
  • Vanilla essence
  • Flour
  • Baking soda
  • Photo Courtesy to Sugar Spun Run

Baking this delightful cake will put a smile on your family or friends’ faces. It is a very delectable dessert my own family has come to love. Not only does the progress of baking Tres Leches cake bring joy, but it also fills the house with a fragrance of vanilla and berries. Don’t forget to strive for the impossible to be extraordinary! Go Knights!

Below are some other recipes:

https://www.thepioneerwoman.com/food-cooking/recipes/a8891/tres-leches-cake/

https://tastesbetterfromscratch.com/tres-leches-cake/