STEAM Knight

STEAM+Knight

On February 9th, APC hosted its annual STEAM Night, a night for both students and their families to explore our community and learn about all sorts of subjects, whether that be through engaging trivia about water resources or through a more hands-on experience such as designing ways to cushion an egg to prevent it from cracking when tossed over a staircase ledge. The booths were set up both in the courtyard and inside the cafeteria, with different areas designated to a multitude of topics. Inside the cafeteria, there was an art gallery, which consisted of the many works created by students and admired by those who stopped while passing by. Periodically, a small crowd gathered and watched in amazement as a rocket in the center of the courtyard was launched and disappeared into the sky.

Junior Eshal Bargir was one of several students who played a visit to the event. She attended STEAM night because she wanted to be able to support her friends who were raising money and managing some of the booths. Her favorite booth was the Thirst Project. According to her, “I found it really informative and interesting. The sweets they sold were good, too!” When asked about why she thinks STEAM Night is important for the ACP community, she replied with, “I believe STEAM night helps and encourages students to display what they’ve learned in their clubs and in class to their peers. It’s also a great opportunity for clubs to raise money and get more people interested in joining next year.” Her favorite part about STEAM Night is being able to look at all the booths with her friends and seeing what they have been working on in their clubs. STEAM is a wonderful example of how the ACP community values curiosity and a sense of family, simultaneously highlighting the importance of STEAM topics by granting students the opportunity to showcase to each other what they know. Go Knights!