ACP’s Girls Wrestling: An Empowering Victory

As a team, recognizing each other’s strengths and weaknesses and excelling despite them is pivotal to succeeding. Recognizing the team’s faults and places for improvement is a great factor in having a team that can efficiently communicate with each other. Teamwork not only is one of the many crucial building blocks that makes up the foundation of sports, but also pushes teammates to their limits toward their greatest potential. A great example of a team that practices unison and communicates their struggles and strengths is ACP’s wrestling team. On January 17th, they won a match against Willow Canyon High School. 

I had the opportunity to interview senior Willow Arnold, who has been wrestling for four years. She stated, “This win was definitely an eye opener. Although I believe we did a good job, there are some aspects we need to work on as well. The victory served as a wake-up call because it caused us to want to do better and remain focused.” Working together to overcome any struggles that may arise is what unites a team and reinforces their trust in each other, improving their performance. ACP’s Girls wrestling team constantly displays their dedication and resilience, which is heavily influenced by their coach who ensures they feel heard, confident, and motivated to win. 

With the right support, the team’s strength and motivation aids them in winning. Although wrestling is a challenging sport, the team relies on each other’s advice and trust, which allows them to perform to the best of their abilities and serve as proof of their efforts and commitment. The ACP Girls wrestling team is a phenomenal example of a close group with ever-lasting bonds. We are all incredibly proud of their hard-work and dedication. Go Knights!