STEAM NHS Club: Sponsors of the PVSA

STEAM NHS Club: Sponsors of the PVSA

Founded by the President’s Council on Service and Civic Participation, the President’s Volunteer Service Award was initiated in 2003 by the U.S. President to recognize the crucial and impactful role of volunteers in all of America. The award honors individuals whose community service has had a positive impact on various communities throughout the nation. It acknowledges the influential actions of many while encouraging others to take the initiative and give assistance to people who require it. It is given to a select few who complete a substantial amount of volunteer hours within a twelve-month period. The award has three tiers: bronze, silver, and gold, depending on the number of hours. The PVSA has continued under each administration, honoring the volunteers who are using their time and talents to solve some of the toughest challenges facing our nation. 

ACP’s STEAM NHS club recently became a sponsor for the Presidential Volunteer Service Awards, which is a rare opportunity as only a select number of high schools receive the qualification to sponsor the award. The sponsorship symbolizes hard work, determination, and commitment, all of which are crucial values that represent ACP and its members. I had the opportunity to interview the president of the STEAM NHS club about the impact and importance of sponsoring the award. Junior Jishnu Nayak expressed, “The award highlights the significance of STEAM-related community service. By enabling students to participate in the Presidential Service Award, our club ensures that it has a positive effect on the local community. It has furthered each member’s passion for STEAM, making the club more vibrant and interactive.” When I asked him how the qualification serves as proof of the STEAM NHS club’s efficient teamwork and dedication, he responded, “The sponsorship exemplifies STEAM NHS’s commitment to helping ACP students fulfill their interests in STEAM because we are enhancing the quality of community service. The club not only provides them with this crucial opportunity, but it supplies them with the necessary resources to obtain the award. Several members have discovered a renewed passion for STEAM through the volunteer opportunities we provide.”

Congratulations to the STEAM NHS club for their outstanding accomplishment in sponsoring an award as impactful as the PVSA. The entire ACP family is proud of your achievement, and we are honored to be represented by such an exceptional club. Go Knights!