Culinary Connoisseurs: Chef Treadway and Chef Hudson’s Certificate

Being the first culinary educators in Chandler Unified School District to receive this certificate, Chef Treadway and Hudson were awarded the American Culinary Federation Certified Culinary Educator certificate. The designation is given to culinary teachers nationwide who complete five of the qualifying components. These include a timed practical cooking examination, a written examination, a proven knowledge base of safety, sanitation, and supervisory management, a sample of their teaching, and an application submitted for approval. As only approximately twenty culinary educators are awarded the designation per year, it is an outstanding accomplishment for Chef Treadway and Chef Hudson to be recognized as the first instructors in CUSD to receive it. The certificate is a rare and notable opportunity that ACP’s culinary teachers have achieved, which demonstrates their commitment and devotion to their careers. Their hard work and dedication have impacted not only ACP but CUSD as a whole. 

I had the opportunity to interview Chef Treadway about the importance of the certificate and its impact on her and Chef Hudson’s culinary career. She expressed, “There are not many opportunities for post-secondary degrees in CTE fields, especially for culinary in Arizona. This certificate program and designation are similar to a post-secondary certificate in that our titles are now Chef Hudson CCE and Chef Treadway CCE. It means that we are proven effective in our field and are recognized as such by our culinary peers nationwide.” Since Chef Hudson and Chef Treadway aspire to help their students excel in all aspects; they strive to provide them with opportunities to participate in large culinary events such as Taste of the NFL and the Super Bowl, FCCLA, and C-CAP competitions. These opportunities allow students to take learning to the next level by applying their skills in a professional setting. They network at culinary events and reach out to contacts in the industry. In addition to that, they seek partnerships with potential internship locations for students who are interested in a culinary career.

As Chef Treadway and Chef Hudson have had plenty of experience in the culinary department, the certifications serve as proof of their unwavering commitment and dedication to not only their career but being the best role models they can be to their students. Their hard work and valuable lessons do not go unnoticed, and the whole ACP family is incredibly proud of their outstanding achievements. Congratulations, Chef Treadway and Chef Hudson, for making history as the first instructors in CUSD to receive this admirable award! I can speak for everyone at ACP when I say it is an honor to be represented by such exemplary and talented chefs. Go Knights!