The Artists of ACP on Display

During December and January, a small collection of students were given the opportunity to have their artwork put on display in the District Office. Students are often not given the credit they deserve, especially when it comes to unknown artistic talent. After all, it’s an effective way to display one’s emotions with creativity. One of the students given such a privilege is Riley Wood, whom I had the opportunity to interview.

Artwork by Riley Wood

When I inquired about how she came to love art, she expressed that “I realized I had a passion for art back in elementary school when I’d draw as much as possible during class. Whenever we were given art-related assignments, I would always put as much effort into them as I could in comparison to other kids around me.” Someone who helped her foster her passion for art growing up was “my childhood best friend, Jlilly Ritze, who helped drive my passion for art by always encouraging and praising my art. Even after middle school and throughout high school, she still continues to encourage me, and I will always be grateful for her support.” As she explains, Riley was motivated by her “own struggles with anxiety and fear to paint this piece, which is supposed to be a metaphorical self portrait.” She is extremely happy that all of her hard work and struggles with art are beginning to pay off, and she enthusiastically stated that “I feel proud that people are recognizing the effort I put into my craft.”

Artwork by Valencia Farad

Another amazing artist is Valencia Farad, who realized early on that she had grown a passion for art during elementary school, which led to her wanting to join all sorts of art classes and clubs to further her talent in art. Like many others, she was inspired by “a friend I had during elementary school that inspired me to get more in depth in art. She helped me greatly develop my passion for drawing thoughtful pieces.” Valencia argued that although the art was an assigned project from her teacher, she “felt this project was a great way of showcasing my skill for developing values and perspective while displaying the school’s beauty as a whole.” She explained that “I’d feel honored about having my work displayed, and I greatly appreciate that I was chosen to do so.”

The ACP community is happy to be able to help nurture and develop the interests of the student body through showing what our students are capable of. We’re proud of the artistic accomplishments of our students and hope they continue to improve upon their passion. Go Knights!