ACP’s Memorable Trip to Ireland

Tapia, Maria

“Strive for the impossible and be extraordinary,” ACP’s motto is significantly meaningful to our school and its members as we are firm believers in exceeding beyond our horizons and always challenging ourselves. However, since COVID, many school traditions that supported our motto were canceled to prioritize the safety of our community. Among these traditions were international trips for students to expand their knowledge and aim for unimaginable goals. Due to our staff’s perseverance and determination to bring these activities back, the tradition made its long-awaited return, giving students the opportunity to travel the world, once more. One of these trips was made up of an approximate of 35 students, mostly from ACP, who were invited to Ireland privately either by Ms. Bunch or Coach LeFevre.

Senior Jillian Douglas, who I interviewed, had the great privilege of being a part of the trip, and she expressed, “I learned so much about the history of Ireland and its traditions, as well as how understanding the process of traveling out of the country is so valuable for me to know, and I cannot wait to embark on my next adventure. I feel that I have learned from this experience, mainly because we were given so many opportunities to exercise our independence, and it was very rewarding to be able to gain those skills.” Giving students a chance to practice real-life skills, the trip to Ireland was extremely valuable and helpful to teaching students necessary lessons, all while allowing them to have liberties.

ACP’s members put forth their best efforts into providing valuable opportunities for students, which will help us gain different perspectives. When I asked Jillian why she decided to attend the trip, she stated, “I chose to go on the trip because I felt so honored to have been chosen to be invited, and I knew this would be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to make priceless memories with my friends as a senior.” The lessons learned from trips and activities will remain as a vital part of these individuals’ memories from their high school careers. As students, we are incredibly privileged to belong to a community that cares about our well-being and utmost success, always encouraging us to pursue our dreams and ambitions. Go Knights!