Unveiling ACP’s “The Play That Goes Wrong”!

Photo Credit: TOSAC
Photo Credit: TOSAC

“The Play That Goes Wrong” is a hilarious comedy play written by Henry Lewis, Jonathan Sayer, and Henry Shields. The Cornley Polytechnic Drama Society’s attempt to stage a murder mystery called “The Murder at Haversham Manor” is at the story’s center. However, everything that can go wrong does, in fact, go wrong. From malfunctioning props to missed cues, leading to a cascade of disastrous and increasingly absurd mishaps. The play-within-a-play concept as seen in “The Play That Goes Wrong” adds layers of comedic chaos and hilarious moments as the characters’ struggle to maintain the illusion of professionalism amid mounting catastrophic events. As the production unravels spectacularly, the actors must improvise wildly to salvage the show, resulting in side-splitting moments of physical comedy and witty humor. Through its exaggerated theatrical mishaps, “The Play That Goes Wrong” offers audiences a rib-tickling exploration of the unpredictability and inherent chaos this live performance has for all to witness and enjoy.

Photo Credit: Broadway Shows

“The Play That Goes Wrong,”  after much anticipation, is now brought to us by the ACP’s beloved Knights Drama Society. As we hit the last weeks of this 2023-2024 school year, our outstanding student actors plan on ending this year’s academic year with a hint of tranquility and a whole lot of calamity. “The Play That Goes Wrong”  will be playing here at the ACP Auditorium from April 18th to 20th, as well as from April 25th to the 26th. Everyone playing a part, whether onstage or backstage, has brought this play to life because of their extraordinary talents and acting skills that will leave the audience with utter shocks of enthrallment and fascination. Every play the Knights Drama Society has brought to the stage is and always will be unparalleled and brilliantly executed on stage, and “The Play That Goes Wrong” will be no different. The director, Mr. Bozovich, is a marvel himself, having directed all the plays of this school year and jaw-droppingly succeeded in honing his skills to guide every actor to becoming the best version of themselves on stage. 

Students and staff alike will be making their way on the respective dates this play will commence, which not only will bring our community together outside of the school classroom and halls but also in adoration and astonishment of all the hard work and effort these students have put in to “The Play That Goes Wrong.” As a school of community and diversity, the ACP family will always jump at the chance to support other knights in making school history that will go down as one of the many best plays here in the present, past, and future. Be sure to go to “The Play That Goes Wrong” and watch the magic of theater unfold for the very last time of the 2023-2024 school year. Go Knights!