Clairet Riesgrof: Writer of “Never Forget, Forever Honor” Award-Winning Essay

Clairet Riesgrof: Writer of Never Forget, Forever Honor Award-Winning Essay

Veterans are a symbol of unity, patriotism, and culture in America, which is why we strive to honor them and their sacrifices. Their experiences demonstrate their resilience and commitment to ensuring the well-being of all Americans, and it is important to recognize their bravery and dedication even years after their battles. Freshman Clairet Riesgraf, wrote an award-winning essay highlighting the importance of honoring veterans and their accomplishments. As she stated, “American veterans stand as the truest embodiments of bravery, resilience, and unwavering commitment to the principles upon which this great nation was founded. Their sacrifices, valor, and unyielding dedication have not only defended our freedom but have also etched an indelible mark on the collective soul of America. ‘Never Forget, Forever Honor’ is more than a phrase; it is a solemn promise to commemorate the selflessness and valor of our veterans.” 

I had the opportunity to ask Clairet what her inspiration to write the essay was, to which she responded, “I was inspired by a deep appreciation for their unwavering commitment to the principles upon which our nation was founded. Their sacrifices and valor have not only defended our freedom, but have also left a profound mark on the collective soul of America. It’s a tribute to their enduring spirit and a reminder of the debt we owe to these heroes who have carried the weight of defending our way of life throughout history.” Clairet’s admiration for the courage of American veterans influenced her writing as she recognizes their challenges and the great risks they experienced. She stated, “Winning this contest was both a surprise and an incredible honor. I didn’t anticipate it, but it has filled me with a sense of pride and responsibility. It’s a reminder that our words and perspectives can make a meaningful impact, and I was able to share the importance of never forgetting the honor that is due to our veterans.”

Being the foundation of our country, veterans have tirelessly defended our freedom and fought for our rights. It is important to express our gratitude by supporting veterans as much as we can. As Clairet expressed, “It is critical to keep in mind that the freedom we take for granted today was not obtained without significant sacrifice. American veterans have carried the weight of defending our way of life whether it was in the icy winters at Valley Forge, the trenches of World War I, the beaches of Normandy on D-Day, the jungles of Vietnam, or the deserts of the Middle East. In the worst of times, they have survived the unthinkable, seen the unfathomable, and emerged as rays of hope.” “Never Forget, Forever Honor” serves as a reminder to continue the legacy of these heroes and acknowledge their wholehearted commitment. It is our duty to ensure that their sacrifices are not reduced to history lessons but are recognized as a legacy.