K.O.S’s New Haunted Performance

After making themselves famous around campus for their production of Circus Olympus in May, ACP’s Knights on Stage are back and better than ever. Their take on circus life and Greek mythology left their audience in stitches last year, and we can’t wait to see what they have in store for us this year.

Last year’s spring production “Circus Olympus”. Photo courtesy of Mrs. Lewandowski

The Knights on Stage, also known as K.O.S. (pronounced chaos), are already hosting auditions. In fact, the first audition day was yesterday after school from 3 to 5 P.M. in the cafeteria. Auditions will continue today, Wednesday, August 21st (in the band room) and on Thursday, August 22nd.

The play, AX of MURDER, will be the Theatre Company’s fall production. If you wish to audition, click on the link below or contact Mrs. Lewandowski.

Mrs. Lewandowski is our Theater and Stage Craft teacher and is known for her bubbly and cheerful attitude. She took the time to answer some questions for us regarding the production today. Here’s what she had to say:

Q: What is the AX of Murder about?

A: It’s a murder mystery that is interactive with the audience. It’s set in a theater, but it’s not exactly the theater that’s haunted, but the script that a playwright brings in. The characters are trying to figure out why this script keeps coming back. The playwright has tried to get rid of it by burning it or throwing it away, but it just keeps coming back.

Circus Olympus. Photo courtesy of Mrs. Lewandowski.

Q: How many people can audition? 

A: Oh, anybody! You can audition for any number of roles you want. There are at least 21 roles, but we can add a few extra police officers and characters like that if we have a lot of people who show up. We have people who are doing just the tech part of the production, which is awesome. Anybody can be involved in that.

Q: Are there any requirements you must have to audition?

A: No, just fill out a form on SignUpGenius, which is on my website. Show up with that form, or if you don’t have it, come early and we’ll have extra copies. Students will be given sides, which are pages from the script that you use for an audition, and then they will get time to interact with it before coming in to audition.

Q: How does the audition process work? When will people find out results?

A: Show up with the form, or fill it out at the audition. Students will then get a chance to look at the list of characters and which character they’d be interested in reading. Afterwards they’ll come into the audition room, which is either the stage or band room, and there will be other students in there who will read the other roles while the student reads their character. Scripts can also be found on my website. I should let everybody know who’s the cast by Monday, the 26th.

Hera (Astha Rohit) grabs Zeus (Daniel Merritt) in Circus Olympus. Photo courtesy of Mrs. Lewandowski.

Q: What are you most looking forward to? 

A: I’m really excited for it to get cast so that we can start rehearsing and have fun with it. Since we’re ACP Erie, I would like for us to have an October play every year because we’re “eerie”. I know I’m so dorky, but I don’t care! I love it! I love scary movies, plays, and books, so I want us to be known for our scary and spooky October plays, and I’m really looking forward to us establishing that tradition. Hopefully our kids and audiences will like it a lot because it’s scary, but funny.

A huge thanks to Mrs. Lewandowski for giving us a little bit more information on the upcoming production and auditions! We can’t wait to see how spooky and creepy this fall’s play is! Break a leg!

If you have any questions or wish to find out more, check out Mrs. Lewandowski’s website https://www.cusd80.com/Page/100182 or contact her (information found on web page).