ACP’s Yearbook Program Named Program of Excellence

Back to Article
Back to Article

Jostens, a company known for its production of yearbooks and other memorabilia, has recently declared ACP Erie High School Yearbook Program a 2019 Jostens’ National Yearbook Program of Excellence. This stupendous feat was accomplished by none other than our own yearbook class, which consists of Alexi Aguilar (11), Alexus Alvarez (12), Emilie Bro (12), Jennifer Carranza (10), Emiliano Espinoza (10), Emma Fendrick (11), Judy Kernen (10), Cassidy Nestler (12), Megan Smith (12), and Ali Zollinger (12). Under the guise of our sensational yearbook advisor, Mrs. Kristin Patterson, these ten remarkable students have truly achieved the impossible. After months and months of relentless and grueling labor, the hard work and effort put in by these students has finally paid off.

At the top, from left to right: Emiliano Espinoza, Judy Kernen, Mrs. Patterson, Cassidy Nestler, Ali Zollinger, Alexus Alvarez.
At the bottom, from left to right: Jennifer Carranza, Emma Fendrick, Alexi Aguilar, Megan Smith, and Emilie Bro.

The National Yearbook Program of Excellence acknowledges yearbooks that reflect a good portion of the student body while managing to help students develop skills such as collaboration, communication, and information and communication technologies. The Excellence Awards are presented twice a year, once in fall and once in spring, for yearbooks created during the school year.

Erie’s yearbook program received the Award for attaining the following criteria in each of the three categories: creating an inclusive yearbook, generating school engagement, and successfully managing the yearbook creation process. They will also receive a gem-studded recognition pin and banner to exhibit around campus.

Mrs. Patterson (right), who is overjoyed about the great news and success of her students, praises their teamwork, environment, and overall work ethic as the key to their prosperity.

“I am very proud of my yearbook staff. They work diligently together and create a collaborative
environment to ensure all members are successful and supported by one another. These
innovative, creative students are amazing, and I am so grateful to work with such a phenomenal
staff this year,” Mrs. Patterson said of her yearbook staff.

The long and enervating process of designing and creating the school yearbook is extremely stressful and at times very demanding. The work put in by these students to make sure that the student body and staff receive an incredible yearbook is beyond extraordinary and manages to capture the ups and downs of the school year through photos. A huge congratulations to Mrs. Patterson and her awe-inspiring students on their Excellence Award! We can’t wait to see what the 2018-2019 yearbook is like!

• ACP’s Yearbook Program Named Program of Excellence

Campus Life

ACP’s Annual High School Awards Night

Campus Life

Annual Faculty Golfing Outing

Campus Life

Class of 2019 Commencement Ceremony Approaches

Campus Life

Mrs. Dalton Receives the Outstanding FAFSA Performance Award

Campus Life

Literary Magazine Moves Online

Campus Life

Connor Dosmann Competes with the Champions

Campus Life

JR High Math Club Named 2019 Champs at Competition

Campus Life

Last Friday’s Eight Grade Formal

Campus Life

How to Survive the AP Exams

Campus Life

Teacher Appreciation Week Contest