Welcoming Ms. Lucy to Our Campus

Last quarter we said goodbye to our dear friend and mentor, Patrick Nolan, who decided to retire after nine years on our campus. This quarter we welcomed Ms. Lucy Johnson, who has been hired to take over Mr. Nolan’s job as building manager. Ms. Lucy, who used to work as a custodian at a local elementary school, is very excited to be here with us and cannot wait to see what the upcoming years have in store for her. Here’s what she had to say about her new position here at ACP:

Q: What motivated you to come to ACP?

A: I knew that this position here would be a challenge for me, and I was so excited to come here. When I worked at the elementary school, my kids came here, so I have a lot of memories, too. Plus, I know that all the students here are really smart and it’s cool to get to know them.

Q: What are your thoughts about our school so far?

A: I think it’s a special school. I think it’s a very special school just because of you guys.

Q: What are you most looking forward to this quarter and upcoming school year?

A: Oh my gosh, there are so many things! I’m so excited, and I can’t wait for the summer to make our work, our job here, better so you guys can feel more comfortable and happy with our work here and keep the school clean.

Q: What inspired you to become a building manager?

A: I love to help people, and I was waiting for the results of my job, basically to see if people were happy or upset with my work, and that motivated me to keep going and do a better job each time.

Q: What does being a building manager entail?

A: Well, like I said, keeping the school clean, but I also think that one of the most important things is customer service. I’m very excited to get started.

Q: What were you doing before you came to ACP?

A: I was a custodian at Patterson Elementary School, so I knew that I would have more responsibilities with this job here and that it would be a bigger challenge for me and I’m ready for it.

Again, a huge thank you to Ms. Lucy for taking the time to tell us a little about herself and her new job. ACP welcomes you and wishes you a great many years to come. You’re going to love it here!