Kicking Off the New Year

The period of relaxation that carries our ACP students into the new year is finally at a close, and our athletes have already hit the ground running. Monday, on the last day of break, our ACP Boys Basketball team took on ALA Gilbert in a demonstration of extreme improvement and fierce tenacity. Boys Varsity clinched a victory by two points, while JV narrowly lost a hard-fought game. Despite the deadlocked scoreboard, both teams demonstrated improvement across the court, and asserted the claim that ACP basketball is not a force to be reckoned with.

Tuesday, as our students returned to class, the ACP Girls Basketball team returned to take revenge on ALA Gilbert, as Boys Varsity Soccer clinched a victory in overtime against Valley Christian.

The middle of the week saw wrestling continuing the athletic offense against ALA Gilbert.

On Thursday, Basketball and Soccer fans across campus can look forward to games against Coronado High School, Valley Christian High School, Gilbert Christian High School, and Hamilton High School. Thursday’s game schedule is as follows:

4:00 – Freshmen Boys Basketball vs Coronado HS

5:00 – Varsity Girls Soccer vs Gilbert Christian

5:30 – JV Girls Basketball vs Coronado HS

5:30 – JV Boys Basketball vs Coronado HS

6:00 – JV Girls Soccer @ Hamilton HS

7:00 – Varsity Girls Basketball vs Coronado HS

7:00 – Varsity Boys Soccer vs Valley Christian

7:00 – Varsity Boys Basketball vs Coronado HS

Ending off the first week of third quarter, wrestling takes on the Dysart Classic Invitational, JV Soccer defends the goal from ALA Queen Creek, and Speech and Debate takes on the strongest debaters in the district at Chandler Preparatory.

12:00 – HS Wrestling, Demon Classic @ Dysart HS

2:30 – HS Speech & Debate @ Chandler Prep

4:00 – JV Soccer @ ALA Queen Creek

Reluctant to end the frenzied excitement, High School Wrestling and Speech & Debate carry the invitationals into Saturday, and High School Robotics enters the fray at our very own ACP Erie gym.

7:00 – HS Robotics Tournament, ACP-Erie gym

7:00 – HS Speech & Debate @ Chandler Prep

9:30 – HS Wrestling, Demon Classic @ Dysart HS

The first week of the year is off to a strong start for ACP athletics, and athletes across every sport have prepared tirelessly to perform to the best of their abilities in this coming season. Good luck to all 3rd quarter athletes as they strive for the impossible and be extraordinary!