The Legendary Knight Games Are Back

As November sets in and brings a bout of cold weather along with it, ACP students and staff know that it’s that time of the year again! Today, November 16th, from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm, ACP’s legendary Knight Games are making a comeback. Students will be able to compete in a group of friends in one gigantic school game. All grade levels are allowed to participate, and registration begins at 5:00 pm in the ACP Erie gym. Students are encouraged to wear old, white clothing for the iconic Color War afterwards.

The real question, however, is when did our prestigious Knight Games begin? And why?

Kaitlyn Starks, our Student Body President and StuGo member, answers some of these questions that you’ve been dying to have answered. Kaitlyn, affectionately known as ‘Kakes’ by many, is a senior at ACP, and Knight Games just so happens to be her favorite event of the year. Here’s what she had to say:

Q: What are the Knight Games?

A: The Knight Games are a competitive circuit filled with fun games for friend groups to compete against each other. It ends in a huge color war, which has been so incredible and memorable in the past three years.

Q: How long has ACP been doing Knight Games?

A: This year will be our 4th year.

Q: What was it like in the past?

A: The first two years were good, but they were trial years. Last year was great, and we gained the student body’s respect and excitement for the event.

Q: What type of games will be there?

A: You can expect the infamous life-size hungry hungry hippos station, Alaskan baseball, and a new station called Sabaki ball, among many other games.

Q: Do you have anything else you’d like to add?

A: Personally, Knight Games is my favorite event of the year. It allows the whole student body to gather and bond over fun games, which you can make as competitive as you’d like. The color war starting each year marks, in my mind, as such a feel-good time. This event is truly something special. Please come check it out!

All students are encouraged to come and have some fun at the Knight Games, which are tonight, from 6:00-9:00 pm! Remember to wear white, and as always, strive for the impossible and be extraordinary!