This Year’s Homecoming Tailgate

As the Homecoming dance approached, StuGo prepared the end of Homecoming week with a big bang: the Homecoming Tailgate. For those who did not attend, the Homecoming Tailgate was a way to hype up people for the Homecoming football game against Tanque Verde. With different carnival games and food vendors, the Homecoming Tailgate pumped up ACP’s students for the upcoming football game that night.

From 5:00 P.M. to 8:00 P.M. last Friday (September 21st), ACP students, family, and friends were able to enjoy various carnival and amusement games at Chandler High’s tennis court parking lot. Games such as the Bottle Ring Toss and Ping Pong were there for people to enjoy and have fun with. Inflatables were included, and there were vendors such as Chick-Fil-A and more. Students were encouraged to wear yellow or gold to symbolize the yellow brick road (from “The Wizard of Oz”) for Friday’s spirit day theme and the football game. 

Unfortunately, after a very good game, our Knights lost 28 to 35 in the last couple seconds of the game. Even if our Knights lost, their sweat and tears weren’t wasted; last Friday’s football game proved to be the best game they’ve ever played in their high school football career.

The night proved to be full of exultation and fun, with our cheer team performing amazing stunts as they cheered on our Knights. Students were seen screaming joyfully with huge grins on their faces.

After the Homecoming Tailgate and football game, high school students attended the 2018 Homecoming “There’s No Place Like Homecoming” dance. To find out more, read our articles on the Homecoming dance and pep rally.