Saying Howdy to MORP’s Spirit Week

Howdy, ACP cowboys and cowgirls! We hope all students had a great time participating in this year’s Spirit Week. Seeing all the wonderful, creative outfits on campus for each themed day was really enjoyable, and we appreciate all the school spirit ACP students were exhibiting throughout the week. From heavy engagement in the Spirit Week activities, the friendly, competitive atmosphere with the participation in Battle of the Classes, and the strong enthusiasm during the MORP prep rally on Thursday, the campus was buzzing with excitement, anticipation, and spirit.

As I roamed through the campus every day, I was greeted with interesting ensembles that exemplified the theme of the day.

Noah Croft (sophomore)

On Lazy Lasso Monday, I was walking into the cafeteria when I spotted Noah Croft (sophomore) strolling across the room toward his lunch table, adorning the most amazing piece of clothing I have ever had the privilege to see: a CatDog onesie with a hoodie. Noah was minding his own business when I speed-walked toward him and cornered him, asking him if I could take a photograph him and his outfit for my Spirit Week newspaper article. For a split-second, he was a bit stunned by my sudden question, but it passed quickly when he enthusiastically agreed. Noah in his onesie is pictured to the left.

Megan Smith (senior), Ali Zollinger (senior), Esete Amare (senior), and Caitlin Soelberg (eight grade)

When Western Wednesday came about, Megan Smith (senior), Ali Zollinger (senior), Esete Amare (senior), and Caitlin Soelberg (eight grade) caught my attention as I was waiting in the front office for the bell to ring, chatting with Mrs. McCallough. I had already been prepared to keep my radar on during the school day to find students dressed in outfits fitting the current day’s theme. They were sitting at the table behind the office desk, laughing with one another, before I called them over. All four girls were wearing colorful flannel shirts that tied in well with their shirts and denim jeans. I especially loved how coordinated the color scheme for Caitlin’s outfit was and how the outfit combined with her braided pigtails matched the Western Wednesday theme. I was prepared for her slip on a cowboy hat and greet me with a “howdy.” The photo of Megan, Ali, Esete, and Caitlin is shown to the right.

Sofía Soto Herrera and Nicole Carmiol

Now, the last day of Spirit Week has arrived, and Animal Print Friday is finally here! All the animal-print-themed outfits our students have shown up with have been interesting and “on-theme” so far, and I am enjoying the creativity in many of the attires I have seen. In my AP Economics class, I was sitting at my desk, going through my notes when I noticed Sofía Soto Herrera (senior) and Nicole Carmiol (senior) in their simple but cute outfits. Sofía and Nicole are pictured to the left.

I have enjoyed watching all the demonstrations of school spirit and high amounts of participation in this year’s MORP Spirit Week and hope everyone had fun dressing up, competing for class points, and cheering in the pep assembly! To conclude this week is the anticipated MORP dance, and I urge people to attend this event tomorrow. Buckle up, be ready for the highly anticipated rodeo (and the mechanical bull), and have fun!