Character Day at ACP

Waking up this morning, I felt overjoyed to know that I could dress up in my spooky costume and even go to school dressed up! With my Disney music blasting while I was getting my costume ready, I could only picture what the other students and teachers had come up with. Arriving to school, I saw a blur of all different characters, from Disney characters, pirates, movies characters, and much more! Picture left (from left to right) are our teachers: Ms. Underwood, Mrs. Lewandowski, Mrs. Patterson, and Ms. Hester dressed as the Pink Ladies from the 1950’s movie, Grease.

Character Day at ACP comes with a lot of creativity. Luckily, our students are full of creativity! Many students chose to dress up in group costumes, such as the front office as Scrabble pieces, conveying a hidden message, one student returning to prehistoric times and emerging as a gigantic dinosaur, and even a student dressing up as the infamous Deadpool. Our students’ costumes embody our school’s motto: Strive for the Impossible and be Extraordinary! Their extraordinary costumes illustrate our school as a whole: one student body who knows how to have fun while still working hard toward a common goal. Our Character Day was a complete success!

One of the many pumpkin on display for the Pumpkin Decorating Contest, which Mrs. McCaulou won with her donut pumpkins!

Along with dressing up, one of my favorite traditions is the viewing the the movie, It’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, in the cafeteria. My friends and I always make sure to find the best table for viewing the movie and turn all our chairs to face the screen. Students, make sure to thank our office staff and lunch staff for helping with this fun treat!

Did Mr. Bickes come by your class for your sweet treat? If he did, you already know our annual tradition, but for all those who may be confused, Mr. Bickes and the front office make their way from class to class with a Trick-or-Treating basket full of lollipops! To earn one of these sweet treats, you must say, “Trick or Treat!” and Mr. Bickes will allow you the opportunity to pick one flavor. ACP students are never too old to trick-or-treat, especially at school!

Knights, today has been a blast. From dressing up, to free candy, and even to a pumpkin contest, this fun-packed day is a sweet treat among a stressful semester. Make sure to thank our faculty and staff for all their hard work; they were the backbone on making today a day to remember!