BSU Spirit Week: A Week of Memories Made

To end February, also more particularly known as Black History Month, ACP’s Black Student Union is sponsoring BSU Spirit Week. Like every Spirit Week, this one was also full of fun and games, something that all of the pupils and staff of ACP look forward to. Spirit week brings different, fun activities and new outfits the ACP family can show off. During this BSU Spirit Week, the daily themes were articulately chosen to increase awareness of Black History Month’s importance and its beneficial effects on the ACP community. Its impact integrates the veracious meaning of what it truly means to bring much-deserved attention to the contributions of all African Americans in the United States of America. Because of their impactful contributions, African Americans, as well as numerous other ethnicities, have made America into what it is today: a beacon of freedom, opportunity, and diversity, embodying the pursuit of the American Dream. This week, from February 26th to March 1st, revolved around exactly that. 

Monday was Athletic vs. Cozy. Whether you rocked your favorite workout gear or snuggled up in your comfiest loungewear, students showcased both active energy and relaxation vibes. Many students and staff came to school rocking in their pajamas, and their energy of relaxation and glee spread across every hall they walked through, wearing their soft hoodies, fuzzy socks, and slippers. Students and staff also wore their best athletic wear, from sleek leggings to shorty sneakers—the choice was yours!

Tuesday had arrived, and it was Jersey Day! Students and teachers came to school wearing their favorite sports athlete jerseys or their very own! Our choices were limitless, whether they wore baseball, soccer, basketball, or football jerseys. The ACP family was able to choose to accessorize their outfits with related items such as hats, scarves, or other merchandise associated with their chosen sports teams. Every student walked into school with pride and excitement to show off their favorite players they looked up to, who serve as role models and sources of inspiration. 

Sneaker Head Day was the Spirit Week theme for Wednesday! The ACP family was ready to lace up their freshest kicks and show off their shoe game because Sneaker Head Day Spirit Day had finally arrived! This was the day to take those sneakers out of their boxes and wear them, showing their uniqueness to all at ACPHS. Students wore their rare collectibles or everyday favorites. Whether students swaggered in their retro Jordans or the latest limited editions, Wednesday was the day to shine.

Thursday’s theme was the 90s/2000s. Waz crackin? Did we hear Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston’s 90s/2000s iconic music on Thursday? Yes, we did! Students and staff stepped back in time and relived the glory days of the 90s and 2000s! It was a blast from the past, filled with iconic fashion, music, and nostalgia. Everyone at school rocked their 90s/2000s decade outfits, which included oversized t-shirts, hoodies, and jeans. It was all that and a bag of chips. All the girls were so fetch and all the boys were mega rad! 

The theme of the last day of Spirit Week was Pan African Flag Colors Day! After a week filled with excellent Spirit Week themes, the Black Student Union decided to end the fun-filled week with the colors of the Pan-African flag for each class here at ACP. Seniors decked out in red, juniors bedazzled in black, sophomores donned in green, and freshmen clad in yellow.  

This week is all thanks to ACP’s very own Black Student Union, so, on behalf of the entire ACP family, I would like to thank the amazing club for giving us an exhilarating week to remember. Each theme was exemplary to the finest. Every student and staff member was always excited to wear their planned-out outfits per the day’s themes and as a stellar result, BSU Spirit Week drew our diverse and unique community closer than ever. Don’t forget to strive for the impossible and be extraordinary. Go Knights!