Sean Hakes: ACP’s Worthy Wrestler

Credit to Elizabeth Portraits

Around 15,000 years ago, the ancient Romans and Greeks used a specific hand-to-hand combat technique to train their soldiers. Throughout the years, it evolved into a less brutal sport, which can be represented and seen in cave paintings located in France. This combat sport involves grappling the opponent using different methods and tackling them to the ground. Eventually, this martial art became known as wrestling, the world’s oldest sport. Here at ACP, we have an industrious and dedicated wrestling team, which recently had a big win against Flagstaff High School. Our team won 57-24, which is proof of the passion our wrestlers have. One of those wrestlers is Sean Hakes, a sophomore here at ACP. When they won after a long match, Sean felt great as he got to watch all his teammates contribute to the win in some way. This win contributed to the close bond and amazing season the team has had.

Credit to Elizabeth Portraits

Sean’s proclivity for wrestling began when he was looking to get into a sport and join a team that is very physical. The wrestling coaches were very supportive and helped him at practices, which is how he became the wrestler he is today. Although he describes wrestling as enjoyable and entertaining, he only sees the sport as an activity as he considers music being his passion. However, back to wrestling, by watching his teammates do phenomenal and succeed, he revels to strive for the impossible.

Credit to Elizabeth Portraits

Sean Hakes is a tenacious wrestler with prowess, and his determination and commitment to do the impossible is interminable. He, along with the many other powerful wrestlers, push themselves to their limits, toward their highest potential. Go Knights!