Knight Times

The Student News Site of Arizona College Prep

Knight Times

Knight Times

HOPE Week ’23 at ACP

Various schools across CUSD, including ACP, participated in HOPE week, intending to spread positivity and kindness throughout their campuses. It included spirit days and fun activities with the purpose of promoting checking in with your mental health and overall well-being. The activities included a lunchtime scavenger hunt, battle of the classes, lunchtime performance, karaoke with friends, yoga, and a movie in the courtyard. The spirit days were “Hopes and Dreams,” which gave students the opportunity to dress in pajamas, and “Support,” which consisted of students dressing in ACP spirit gear to show off their school pride. These activities allowed students to create a positive and supportive environment at school, as well as keep students motivated to fulfill their duties while taking care of themselves. 

I had the opportunity to interview junior Zainab Gheyasi about her experience during HOPE Week, and the impact it had on her. As she stated, “HOPE Week was beneficial for all students as it allowed us to have a day to express ourselves without uniforms, and it provided relaxation and rest from many factors that cause stress. As high school students, I believe it is crucial to find a balance between schoolwork and mental and physical health, which is why HOPE Week was a huge help in recognizing students’ hard work and giving them a week to unwind and have fun.” 

HOPE Week was a phenomenal way to not only bring the ACP family together but to ensure that each and every individual feels comfortable and supported. Although life can have challenging moments, we can learn and grow stronger from those hardships. HOPE Week serves as a reminder to prioritize your health and well-being. Go Knights!