Knight Times

The Student News Site of Arizona College Prep

Knight Times

Knight Times

ACP Blanket Drive: 2023

ACP Blanket Drive: 2023

As it gets colder, people start to wear hoodies, jackets and coats, and blankets, which become a necessity to stay warm throughout the season. However, it is tragic to hear that some people aren’t as fortunate as others. Many people find themselves lacking items necessary to endure the cold winter and the harsh conditions. Luckily, ACP has a way to support people in need and try to help them the best we can: a blanket drive. Students have given and shown their compassion by donating blankets to those in need, which is a step toward making the world a better place. This event is very heartwarming throughout the ACP family. While simply donating a blanket may not seem like such a big deal to most, it matters to those who receive it.

Credit to hillviewasb.com

I had the opportunity to interview Rahaell Ikram, a sophomore who attends ACP. Since she will participate in the blanket drive, she believes it serves as an essential and beneficial event because winter is coming, and it is coming fast. Blankets are very fundamental for every and all individuals around the world, especially in colder climates. She explained, “I think this benefits people who don’t have anything to keep warm and promotes health and safety worldwide.” The drive can also assist vulnerable populations and raise awareness of one of the many problems seen on a global scale, as it addresses the critical needs of others. The purpose of this significant drive is to help students further understand empathy, compassion, and the importance of helping others. As Rahaell says, “The ACP family contributing to this drive brings us together for a common cause, creating a positive impact on our society.”

Credit to showme.co.za

If you can, I recommend donating a blanket to the drive. Every individual at ACP will undoubtedly participate in this drive because donating a blanket for a crucial cause is one step closer to helping those who need it. We can all contribute to a person’s well-being positively. Go Knights!