Friday Night Lights

Credit to Willow Lyon

Football is taken very seriously in high schools, especially ACP. A week prior to the big game, ACP’s Student Council planned a spirit week for the students. On Monday, it was tie-dye day, and on Tuesday it was white out day. While Wednesday was wig out day, Thursday was decades day, (where students could dress from any decade). Friday was the most important of all though, as it was neon out day with colors specific to each grade. Freshman wore orange, sophomores were seen in yellow, juniors went all out in blue, and seniors styled out in pink. The theme for Friday’s sprit week corresponded with the football game’s theme.

Credit to Williow Lyon

On Friday, ACP’s Softball team hosted the tailgate before the game that included food and school merch available for purchase. ACP’s Varsity Football team played against Apache Junction at ACP’s very own field. Although one of our players got injured, we made a strong comeback and took the win. The score was 31-25. The start of our football season was off to a fantastic start due to our football players’ dedication, time, and hard work, but also to the spectators for cheering on their team with Knight spirit. This game truly brought everyone together in their best attitude to support our astonishing team.

Credit to Willow Lyon

High school football games are very special because they create a community, include traditions of the game, and serve as a social gathering. It is important that all ACP students come to these games because in the end,  all of us make up the wonderful ACP Family, and we can’t wait to see how the rest of the season plays out. Go Knights!