Alexis Coeffy: We The Future Scholarship Winner

We’ve talked about scholarships a lot throughout the years; the amount of possible opportunities are staggering. Recently, our very own senior, Alexis Coeffy, won the We The Future Essay scholarship. We sat down with her and asked her a few questions about this more niche scholarship.

The first question we had was what the We The Future is. She said “The We The Future Essay competition is a scholarship competition sponsored by Constituting America, which is a non-profit and non-partisan organization. Every year they sponsor the scholarship competition to encourage Constitutional knowledge and research in students. I found the We The Future scholarship through Mrs. Dalton’s list of scholarships.”

We also wanted to know how Alexis wrote her essay. Any student at ACP knows the most reliable method of writing, and Alexis is no different; in fact, she excels at this method. “The first thing I did for this essay was research. While I had some knowledge of the Constitution before writing my essay, I wanted some in-depth detail on our First Amendment rights specifically. From there, I organized my thoughts and notes and wrote my essay. After that, I revised my essay multiple times until it reached its final iteration.”

The most important question is of course, what the essay and the scholarship means to her. Alexis told us that “This essay was a big confidence booster for me. I’ve applied for a lot of scholarships throughout my senior year of high school, and this is the only one I have earned. I’m very grateful for the opportunity this scholarship provides me.”

We are proud of Alexis and her amazing essay. If you want to read it you can find it here. We hope that more wonderful students find and achieve great scholarships. Go Knights!