Teacher Interview: Mr. Osborne

Teachers play a large role in shaping the future of their students. Not only do they enhance knowledge and help students to understand complex concepts, but they also have the ability to inspire and instill values such as kindness, perseverance, and integrity in their students. A kind teacher can make all the difference in a student’s life, creating a supportive and inclusive learning environment where every student feels valued and encouraged. Their acts of kindness, no matter how small, can have a profound impact on a student’s self-esteem and academic performance. Beyond the classroom, a teacher’s influence extends to shaping their students’ character and helping them to become responsible, empathetic, and engaged citizens.

Mr. Osborne has been a teacher for eight years, two of those years here at ACP. He currently teaches Honors English 9, but has also taught AP World History in the past. Mr. Osborne is also the sponsor of a few clubs- Justice Club, Indian Culture Club, and Puzzle and Game Club. When asked what his favorite part of teaching is, he responded with “I would have to say the hardworking and dedicated students.” As a teacher, his favorite technique to use is collaboration. He enjoys seeing his students learn not only from himself, but also from each other. He feels that it builds skills that people can use long after their high school years are over.

I also asked Mr. Osborne when and where his dream time period and destination would be to live if he could time travel; he chose Los Angeles post WWII on an ocean front property, while working as an LAPD detective. Although he can’t go back in time to work on the LA police force, he did work as a police officer for ten years in Massachusetts. His favorite part of the job was when he was given the opportunity to help kids at school who had joined or were at risk of joining gangs.

School is such an amazing place because of teachers like Mr. Osborne. He makes sure that everyone has access to the tools they need to succeed in school. All of the students at ACP are fortunate to have such wonderful teachers and staff that are concerned about their education and welfare. Don’t forget to strive for the impossible and be extraordinary, Go Knights!