New Teacher Interview: Mr. Cochran

As we evolve into a bigger school, we will have a bigger family of not only students, but also teachers and staff. To celebrate their arrival and include them in the Knight family, today, I will be talking to Mr. Cochran, one of our most recent hires for the science department at ACP High School, to learn more about his life in and out of the classroom.

Mr. Cochran is a biology teacher here, and when asked why he chose to study and teach biology, he said that his interest in the subject started when he was younger when he would spend time in the woods. Growing up in Missouri, he spent most of his time doing activities like hunting, fishing, and playing outdoors. He has taught environmental science and biology before and loves it because of all of the fun hands-on activities involved in the class. Mr. Cochran loves the ACP campus, and with the support of the staff, students, and admin, he feels comfortable in his new school. In his free time, he enjoys, “drinking coffee, hiking, playing sports (golf, basketball, pickleball, and frisbee golf), playing video games (mainly Rocket League and Apex), watching sports, and most importantly, doing all of these things with my family and friends.”

We hope to continue bringing in many more wonderful new instructors to ACP like Mr. Cochran as our school continues to expand every year! Go Knights!