And the Arizona Bioscience Educator of the Year Award Goes to…

And the Arizona Bioscience Educator of the Year Award Goes to...

Seeing your teacher win state level awards and feature in Time magazine as a nationally recognized educator makes you proud, and gives you even more reason to look up to him or her. I am sure Mrs. Rachna Nath’s students would agree. She recently won the Michael A. Cusanovich Arizona Bioscience Educator of the Year award. This award recognizes educators for their innovative approach to teaching and their ideals of giving back to the community. 

Born and brought up in India, Mrs. Nath realized her love for biology early on. She saw herself drawn to the subject more than math or physics. After completing her master’s degree in Entomology, she moved to the United States in 2003. She went on to complete a second master’s from ASU, focusing her work on honeybees.

Mrs. Nath has taught biology at ACP since 2017. Ask her how it makes her feel being recognized as an innovator educator at such a big scale, and she replies with a big smile, “It was the parents of my students at ACP who nominated me for the award, and that makes it so much more special. It tells me that my students care about the effort I put into my work”. The award comes as a big win because in the past years the winners have been mostly university-level educators.

Mrs. Nath is an avid researcher, and she loves the curiosity that students bring to her class. She finds it satisfying as an educator when she is able help her students figure out the direction they want to build their careers in. Leading by example is the best way a teacher can impact their students’ learning, and Mrs. Nath inspires her students to think innovatively. She encourages them to generate new ideas and work their way to solutions. All of us here at ACP are lucky to have you as a teacher Mrs. Nath, and your students are rooting for your many more wins to come. Congratulations Mrs. Nath and Go Knights!!!!!!!!