ADE Student Summit and the Student Advisory Council

The Arizona Department of Education is holding Arizona’s first-ever student summit. For those who don’t know, a summit is a formal meeting held to settle differences, although this summit is focused on hearing students’ concerns. This summit is all about the students and their concerns with schools and education. What makes this summit so important is because of how the students get a voice now, and all grades are welcome to join it if they have a topic they’d wish to discuss or just to listen to the summit. The summit takes place on Thursday, March 10th, 2022 from 5 P.M. to 6 P.M. If any of you are interested in the summit you can fill out this application. We hope that anyone here who has a concern in their school will attend online and speak out to better the school.

On top of this, the Arizona Department of Education is starting to accept applications for the Student Advisory Council for the school year of 2022-2023. We may have talked about the council before, but to those who haven’t been caught up on the articles, the student advisory council is a group of students that help advise the department of education with their decisions concerning schools. Anyone from the grades fifth grade to twelfth is welcome to apply, and letters of recommendation are not required. Anyone who finds an interest in the department of education or wants to have a voice in how your school works, should apply for it. All of the information is on this website. Go Knights!