ACP’s New Dean, Mr. Roth!

Hello Knights! We want to introduce you to Mr. Roth, the new dean here at ACP. To welcome him to our campus we asked him what brought him to our school and asked him to tell us a little bit about himself so we can get to know him better. This is how he responded.

Q. What brought you to our school to be our new dean?
A. I was a teacher in the Chandler Unified School District at Hamilton High School up until 2013 before transitioning to ASU Preparatory Academy/Phoenix Collegiate Academy. My
goal was to find a school leadership position back in the Chandler district. When I read about ACP, the amazing success, a future growth, I was blessed to be able to have the
opportunity to join such an amazing school. I’m excited to work alongside such a dedicated group of students and staff.

Q. How have your first few days been and how have you been enjoying it?
A. The first few days have been great. I could tell from my very first day that we had an incredible group of students here at ACP. You all have been so welcoming along with our dedicated staff.

Q. What is your favorite thing about being a dean at a high school?
A. I love the mix of supporting both students and teachers. I’m excited to learn more from Mr. Bickes, Ms. McClure, and Ms. Osborne. I’m also really excited to be a part of the next chapter of ACP as we move to our new campus.

Q. Can you tell us a little about yourself in your own words?

A. I love being a father and a husband. My wife Laura and I have twin daughters (Gentry and June) who will be starting kindergarten next year. We also have our 6-month-year-old son, Beau. My journey as an educator started back in 2009 as a math teacher through teaching for America in rural Mississippi. I had the time of my life and the opportunity reinforced being an educator as my preferred career choice. I have taught both math and social studies throughout my career and held various school administration positions. Most recently, I worked in the district office of ASU Preparatory Academy, overseeing the school network’s enrollment, registration, athletics, and emergency procedures. I’m very excited to start this next step with ACP and look forward to getting to know our students more and more each day. Go, Knights!

Knights, if you see Mr. Roth around campus make sure to say hello and make him feel welcome here at ACP. Stay safe Knights, and remember to Strive for the Impossible and be Extraordinary!