ACP’s Students of the Month

ACP’s monthly tradition of celebrating extraordinary students has been around as early as I can remember. The announcement shared by Mr. Bickes highlighted our amazing students, which is always a highlight during our assemblies. Personally, I can’t help but smile for our students receiving their award, for this accomplishment doesn’t only highlight students working hard in school, but also those who aspire for great success outside of school.

August students of the month are: Caitlin Soelberg (8), Evan Sideris (8), Madelynn Rumsey (9), Yasrah Singh (9), Ally Halverson (10), Joel Diaz (10), Julia Golichowski (11), Damien Rivera (11), Evie Jimenez (12), and Logan Knapik (12).

September students of the month are: Aurelia Marsh (8), Collin Ramey (8), Jacy Fuller (9), Jacob Wan (9), Skylar Hudson (10), Andrew Myers (10), Rekha Wijesuriya (11), Umberto Ambra (11), Jessica Tells (12), and Kamal Shaik (12).

Along with a public announcement during the assembly, Mr. Bickes treats all students of the month to a lunch out at Floridino’s Pizza and Pasta, located on Alma School Road and Chandler. Blvd.

Now, the student of the month award isn’t a breeze for teachers. Our dedicated teachers meet several times to discuss our students to determine who will win this award. Many times, teachers come to the difficult decision of choosing between two well-deserving students. This is a very hard task, but also very rewarding.

This is a great accomplishment many students work very hard to achieve. Make sure to congratulate these students when you see them in the halls!