Knight Times

The Student News Site of Arizona College Prep

Knight Times

Knight Times

Mr. Ludwig, ACP’s Newest Algebra II Instructor

With over 30 teachers new to the ACP family, it’s a good idea to start the year with getting to know them a little bit. One of our new faculty members is math teacher Mr. Ludwig, who teaches Algebra II. When asked why he became a math teacher, his response was, “While in school, I always looked up to my teachers and coaches as role models. I wanted to be able to help students the same way they helped me through my school career. Math was the one subject I always excelled at and decided that would be the best to teach. I also enjoy helping the students that have a bad mindset about math and change that mindset to making them feel more confident in their abilities.”

This year, Mr. Ludwig is really looking forward to helping each student be more successful in math and feeling confident moving on to the next level, as well as helping to coach flag football and wrestling. He notes that he does not worry about past performance and lets them know that he wants to help in any way that he can and really show them that math is not as scary as it many believe it to be. He hopes that his style of teaching is considered caring and fueled by a desire to see his students succeed.

In Mr. Ludwig’s spare time, he enjoys doing almost anything with his family, including attending the Chicago Cubs games. He adds that “My family is the most important thing to me, and I want to be with them as much as possible.” If given the option to travel to his dream place, Mr. Ludwig would like to travel to outer space. He says that he “has always thought space was very interesting and would like to just be there.” We hope Mr. Ludwig has a wonderful time at ACP and are happy he is off to a fantastic year!

Author: Alex Mejia, Staff Writer