ASU Melikian Center

ASU Melikian Center

Arizona State University has a very large campus with many different centers, one of those centers being the Melikian Center. ASU’s Melikian Center is a research facility situated in Tempe, Arizona. It’s mission is to advance knowledge about the Caucasus, Central Asia, and Iranian cultures, with an emphasis on their historical, cultural, political, and economic developments. Research initiatives, conferences, workshops, and other activities are sponsored by the Melikian Center with the goal of fostering interdisciplinary dialogue and expanding regional knowledge. By providing a variety of educational and outreach initiatives intended to foster greater understanding and application of the regions and cultures it researches, the center also serves as a resource for students, academics, policymakers, and the general public.

The Melikian Center focus on topics such as reconciliation, displacement, dissent, belief, migration, violence, diaspora, trauma, and many many more.

All of the ACP students have the opportunity to participate in the Melikian Center Critical Language Institutes. The institutes give students a chance to learn languages they don’t have the chance to learn during the school year. The program includes languages such as Macedonian, Albanian, Bosnian, Kazakh, and many more. Summer institutes will be held, and there are many different level alternatives for students to choose from, including study abroad options. For more details see the flyer below.