ACP and Inclusion Week

Inclusion is a vital necessity of existing in a more fair or just institution, especially fundamental in settings such as education where people deserve an equal opportunity no matter their differences or identity. Rather than looking at these differences with hostility, we can embrace the fact that our differences can be used to our advantage such as letting us work together to create things utilizing different points of view. Being inclusive comes with its own benefits as well. Although it can sometimes be difficult to set aside differences in beliefs between you and another person or group of people, it’s crucial in establishing a place of equal opportunity. By doing this, we greatly diminish the amount of social exclusivity faced by people with contrasting socio-economic status, race, gender, or religion, thus creating a positive environment for everyone.

Scene from The Interviewer

That is what Inclusion Weeks strives to achieve. Last week, students used their creativity to make a more hospitable environment by setting up positive posters across campus, encouraging us to put aside our differences and try our best to include everyone. During Inclusion week, the daily video announcements played a short film, The Interviewer. The movie reinforced a positive message about being kind and giving everyone the equal treatment they deserve. ACP is a great example of what caring about the well-being of the student body can look like. Guiding its students on a path of tranquility for a more just tomorrow. Go Knights!