Knight Times

The Student News Site of Arizona College Prep

Knight Times

Knight Times

Our new English Teacher: Mrs. Reischl

One of the myriad new teachers to the ACP family is Mrs. Reischl. As an educator, she is a positive influence on her students and guides them to view the art of literature from multiple perspectives. Mrs. Reischl chose to pursue English as a career and become and English teacher since, among other things, she is fascinated with discussing literary themes in addition to reading. When I asked her what her favorite book was, she responded with, “’The Book Thief’ because it demonstrates that heroes don’t have to be perfect. They can be normal people with common imperfections.”

In her spare time, she enjoys hiking, cooking, and watching “Suits”. She notes she is usually kept occupied as a 4-H leader with a pet chicken, pig, and three kids. I knew Mrs. Reischl is definitely in the ACP spirit when she explained, “I am so proud to be a part of this amazing school community. I will be coaching freshman tennis this Fall. I am really looking forward to seeing our theater production of ‘Evita.’ It’s one of my favorite musicals. I know every word of every song. I am also excited to watch football games in the cooler weather to come!” If given the option to travel to the future or the past, she said that “I minored in history, so of course I would want to travel back in time. It would be nice to see Arizona before it was a state.”

She motivates success in her classrooms by being very enthusiastic about the literature her class gets to read and hopes her excitement is contagious. Her style of learning is “primarily centered around student collaboration and class engagement”, and she stated “I attempt to make the material I am teaching as relatable as possible.” If given the option to travel anywhere in the world, she would choose to take her family to Europe to hike the Alps. Thanks you, Mrs. Reischl, for being such a positive addition to our community. Go Knights!

Author: Alex Mejia, Staff Writer