Mr. Mlazgar: Our New Science Teacher

There are several subjects we learn during our time in school, and some are far more difficult than others. Having a good instructor can truly influence a student’s passion and interest for the subject in question. One of the many teachers new to the ACP family this  year is Mr. Mlazgar, a science teacher. When he was asked why he chose to pursue becoming a biology teacher, he shared that he believes it is fun and enjoys working with other students and people. This year at ACP, Mr. Mlazgar is looking forward to “working and helping students meet their goals and be successful.”

When asked about his free time, he claimed that although he does not have much spare time, he does enjoy woodworking and other activities such as water sports, including scuba diving, surfing, and sailing. Regarding his style of teaching, Mr. Mlazgar remarked, “I like to present questions and allow students to research and formulate the answers. I am that teacher who won’t give you the answer, but guide you and make you come up with the answer.”

This demonstates how he motivates his class by keeping things fun and interesting by trying to relate topics in class to the real world. I asked Mr. Mlazgar where he would travel to if he could travel to anywhere in the world. His response was “Hawaii, maybe Cancun because I love the ocean.” His favorite ice cream is cookies and cream, because “why would you need a reason to love cookies and cream?” We at ACP hope Mr. Mlazgar has a wonderful time here, and that he inspires everyone he teaches. Go Knights!

Author: Alex Mejia, Staff Writer