ACP’s Astonishing Assembly

On a sunny Friday morning, July 28, ACP’s First Pep Assembly of the school year took place. All grade levels came together on the vibrant green football field to show our school spirit and kick off this astonishing school year. Eagerness filled the air as students were getting ready for the best experience of an assembly. This event occurred during all students’ second-period classes. Although the assembly was brief, it was filled with plenty of breathtaking events. 

The first thing that came about was a game that included all grade levels to compete in a race to see who could finish their whipped cream first. followed by a passionate speech emphasizing the importance of school spirit. We also had a wonderful performance from our talented cheer team. As the students were chanting their school grade name (Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior), it also included a little competition. Congratulations to the Class of 2027, who dominated the chant! 

Furthermore, Matthew Wegman, a senior at ACP, showcased his school spirit and shared, “My favorite thing about the assembly was trying to engage more with the newer classes, like the freshmen, to be more engaged with everyone else and to feel more comfortable especially with the juniors and seniors.” Matthew also shared that his favorite teacher is Mr. Pollak, who teaches Honors Algebra 2 and AP Calculus.

Kaylen Han liked the school spirit and the games that were played. Kaylen, a freshman, says, “Being a freshman was a little overwhelming at first, but I like it better now and I’m beginning to get used to it more.” I think every freshman can agree with her! Kaylen and others graduating in 2027 all agreed that this assembly was a perfect beginning to a fantastic year!

As you can see, students at Arizona College Prep High School were very thrilled with the first pep-assembly. It was a great opportunity for students to feel more like a Knight and socialize with one another to create a supportive culture and climate that will continue throughout the year. Thank you to every student at ACP who made this assembly truly memorable, and especially our incredible seniors and staff who did a phenomenal job at preparing this for us. I know for a fact that we all can’t wait to see what future assemblies hold. 

Author: Auri Smith, staff writer