Splash Night: Easing into the New Year

On Friday, July 21, the senior class of 2024 and PTO helped kick off the beginning of the 2023-2024 school year with a back to school event: Splash Night. Taking place behind the D building from 6-8pm, the event was a way for kids to cool off in the Arizona heat, socialize with new or old friends, and ease into the new year.

While the seniors advertised the upcoming event, our student body was excited to attend this new event. One of the several students who turned up to Splash Night was Evan Malody, a freshman new to ACP. I was fortunate enough to interview him about the event. As someone who went, he said, “My favorite part about Splash Night was probably hanging out with friends who went to different schools that I haven’t seen in a long time.” When asked if popcorn or lemonade was the superior choice, his answer was “Lemonade because of the strong flavor.” Lemonade and popcorn weren’t the only items offered, however. Splash Night provided students with food, drinks, and plenty of snacks. Others didn’t show up for snacks, they came to splash! That’s why five towering inflatables were set up, with massive lines filled with kids talking to one another. As the event began to draw to a close, those who came out for Splash Night were rewarded with an ice cream treat.

All in all, the event was a fun and engaging way to bring the ACP community together again for the first of many times this year. The year that we will strive for the impossible and be extraordinary! Go Knights!

Author: Alex Mejia, Staff Writer