Spirit Week Pep Assembly

ACP capped off Spirit Week with a pep assembly for Knight Games.

Every once in a while, ACP allows its students to shed their uniforms for a week while still showing their school spirit. On the week of November 13, students showed their school spirit by wearing their favorite ugly sweater, dressing up as their favorite meme, and even showing off their colorful personalities on neon day. To cap off a wonderful week, ACP held a pep assembly to pump up the student body for Knight Games.

This assembly started off like any other, with music blasting from the gymnasium speakers and students filing into their sections. Then the lights were turned off, and the real fun began. Four black lights spread around the edges of the basketball court illuminating the gym, with a little help from the neon outfits students had worn that day in the spirit of Knight Games. The spirit line, pom, and ACP dancers, with their faces painted neon pink, kicked off the festivities by dazzling the ACP student body with their wonderful performances. Other activities such as a limbo competition, freestyle rap contest, and joke telling contest got everybody from all six grade levels involved in the fun, which for some went well, but for others not so much. Mr. Bickes then announced who had been awarded Student of the Month for both September and October (I’m not sure how he was able to read those names in the dark). In an ACP first, students were able to participate in a school-wide game of Kahoot to learn more about their teachers. To finish the assembly, a video was shown. This video featured junior Marte Serrano dressed up as a fairy making his way around the campus spreading his magical fairy dust urging people to go to Knight Games.

A fun week was closed out with an equally entertaining assembly. ACP students went home on the weekend before Thanksgiving on a high note, beginning with the annual Knight Games held that night.