Filed under Showcase, Student Life

A Night With the Gods

Homecoming is a tradition as old as time. Not only is it a high school tradition, but colleges also celebrate their football team as they play one of the most important games of the season. However, homecoming doesn’t just end with the buzzer. The high school tradition involves a dance the next night to celebrate the football team. This tradition is one of the most important at ACP- Erie, for not only does it bring all grades together as a family, but 2017 was the first year our football team played, instead of our soccer team. After the game, the rush to set up for the homecoming dance was in full swing.

Personally, I start looking for a homecoming dress months in advance, and it is the dance I look forward to most. I make sure I have plans to take pictures and go to dinner with close friends. However, the small memories are what mean the most to me, such as blasting music on the way to the dance, or taking cute, dumb pictures with my group. The dance isn’t even started, yet my friends and I were already having an unforgettable night. At 7pm, we pulled into school and took our spot in the line to get in and in no time, we were in.

The theme for this year was centered around Greece and Greek gods and goddesses. ACP definitely showed their school spirit! Gold head pieces and ties swarmed the dance floor. Vibrant lights and sparkling white decorations lined the crowded gym. The doors flew open at 7pm and immediately the booms of the blasting bass in the music drew the students to the dance floor. Homecoming has begun.

As most dances, the dancing didn’t start until about a half hour into the dance, when more people showed up. Around 8pm the dance was in full swing. Music was blasting and everyone was having an amazing time, until the fire alarm went off. It was unsure if it was a real alarm or part of a song, but when all students had to leave the gym to the field, we knew it was real. With no real threat, only a smoke machine, the dance continued in a matter of minutes. Homecoming was filled with laughter, funny moments, unforgettable memories, and, of course, dancing. Homecoming 2017 is definitely one to remember.

• A Night With the Gods

Student Life

Spirit Week Pep Assembly

• A Night With the Gods

Student Life

Student Spotlight: Sophia Chan

• A Night With the Gods

Student Life

Dough for Donuts!

• A Night With the Gods

Art

Artist in the Spotlight: Sean Cygan

• A Night With the Gods

Entertainment

A Little Competition

• A Night With the Gods

School News

The Walk to End Alzheimer’s

• A Night With the Gods

Sports

Swimmers Strong at State

• A Night With the Gods

Student Life

A Win for Mathematics

• A Night With the Gods

Sports

Building a Legacy

• A Night With the Gods

Sports

Fall Sports Recap: Debuts and State Tournaments Galore

A Night With the Gods