Ending the Semester on a Super Note

This Week’s Upcoming Events

As we near the end of the first semester, ACP’s Knights are as busy as ever. With the holiday season in full swing, our students have a lot of events to look forward to this week! Here’s what you need to know about what’s going on this week:

“Tie One On For Safety” Public Awareness Campaign 

This Tuesday, December 11th, the Desert Car Care Center at 95 N Dobson Road will be hosting its annual “Tie One On For Safety” public awareness campaign to prevent people from driving while intoxicated. ACP-Erie’s Student Government will be partnering with the center to spread awareness about drunk driving during the holiday season. Stop by the center, located at 95 N Dobson Road, any time between 7:30 A.M. to 1:00 P.M. on Tuesday to participate in the campaign! If you make the pledge to drive sober, you will receive a “Tie One For Safety” MADD decal, a free set of windshield wiper blades, and a 20% coupon for repair or services up to $100.

Symphonic Band’s Holiday Concert

Do you love listening to music and supporting the arts? ACP’s Symphonic Band will be performing at Chandler Center for the Arts this Tuesday at 7 P.M. Admission is free, and all are welcome to attend the event. Our band students are looking forward to performing at their first concert of the year!

Jack Corey Visits from the University of Pittsburgh

On Friday, December 13th, alumni Jack Corey from the University of Pittsburgh will be visiting ACP during B lunch to discuss pharmaceutical education paths at the University of Pittsburgh. As an ACP-Erie graduate and current student at the University of Pittsburgh, Jack Corey has valuable advice to share to students that are considering becoming pharmacists.

Picture credits: Blake Su

Spanish National Honor Society’s Feliz Navidad Celebration

This Friday, Spanish Honor Society invites students to attend a holiday celebration. The fiesta will be in Mrs. Michaelson’s room, D103, from 2:30 P.M. to 4:40 P.M. There will be a showing of the movie Elf as well as delicious food and fun-filled crafts. Also, students will also be making cards for bilingual elementary school students. Celebrate the Hispanic culture, and embrace the holiday season!

Super Smash Brothers Tournament

Hey, gamers! Are you a competitive person who enjoys playing Super Smash Bros? Stop by the cafeteria this Friday from 3 P.M. to 5 P.M. to participate in a Super Smash Ultimate Tournament! Admission to the event is free, but be sure to contact Zachary Lund or email [email protected] before the event if you would like the register. Image result for super smash brothers

There are a lot of exciting events coming up this week. If you have free time, perhaps consider getting involved in the ACP community and attending some of these events!