Recap on Sports Over Fall Break

This past fall break we celebrated, cheered on, and watched with apprehension as the fall sports performed in games, meets, and races!  The fall break was a very busy time for the athletics department that saw volleyball, badminton, football, swim, cross country, and mountain biking compete all over Arizona.  The different sports worked throughout the break to make big wins and little wins that set the tone for this exciting, intense upcoming quarter!

Tuesday, September 24 our Freshman, JV, and Varsity Volleyball played wonderfully against Blue Ridge High School with Freshman Girls Volleyball winning 2-0, JV Girls Volleyball losing 1-2, and Varsity Girls Volleyball winning 3-1.  The next week, on Monday, October 1, volleyball played at ALA-Gilbert North.  Our Freshman Girls Volleyball team lost 1-2, but our JV Girls Volleyball and Varsity Girls Volleyball won 2-1 and 3-0!  Similarly, Varsity Volleyball destroyed Coronado High School 3-0 on Thursday, October 3!  Finally, on Wednesday, October 9, Varsity Girls Volleyball won at Fountain Hills scoring 3-0 again!

Badminton performed well at Tempe High School on Tuesday, September 24 where JV Badminton dominated 9-0 and Varsity Badminton won 5-4.  On Wednesday, September 25 badminton played again; this time it was at Dysart High School.  Our JV Badminton team won 7-5, but Varsity Badminton played a hard game and lost 4-5.  The next day, Thursday, September 26 badminton played yet again!  Only Varsity Badminton played and, unfortunately, they lost at Cactus High School 3-6.  At Carl Hayden High School, on Tuesday, October 2, Varsity Badminton showed for another game and won 7-2.  Finally, two days later on Thursday, October 3, Badminton-like a bad penny -was up and at ’em at Centennial High School, but lost 2-7.

On Tuesday, September 24, JV Football won at  Chandler Prep, 26-12 in a fair, well balanced, and invigorating game filled with loud cheers.  On Friday, September 27  our Varsity Football team won in a landslide 48-6 at Tanque Verde!  Finally, that Friday, October 11, our Varsity Football triumphed at Paradise Honors earning the score 31-6.

Swim had a meet on Wednesday, September 25. On a very positive note, at Saguaro, on October 3 Boys Swim won in a very close call, ending score 130-129!  However, Girls Swim lost 94-126.

Our speedy fast Girls Cross Country took home the championship trophy at last week’s Chandler Prep Titan Invite. A stupendous victory was made even more impressive by the fact that they outran over 30 teams! Congratulations, ladies on your well-earned victory!  In the same meet our Boys Cross Country team finished in 13th pace which is not at all bad considering the sheer volume of teams… rather notable in fact if you think about it!  Earlier in the break, on Friday, September 27, Cross Country competed in the Desert Twilight Meet.  Boys Cross Country finished 24th out of 40 teams, and Girls Cross Country finished 4th our of 54 teams!

ACP’s Mountain Biking Club is a relatively new enterprise for ACP and is only a few years old but the fast-paced, heart-racing activity is already high in the ranks of competitors!  The Mountain Biking Team participated in a huge meet that resulted in them finishing 13th place and making them the top placing CUSD school!  Out of the entire Chandler Unified School District we placed highest!

Remember to congratulate our mountain bikers on their wonderful performance over break and all of our other equally amazing sports that really gave it their all for their games.  You can make a donation to Dig Pink online, by scanner, and at the games, so remember to attend the Dig Pink game on Thursday hosted by our volleyball teams to help beat cancer!