Filed under Campus Life, Showcase

Teacher Appreciation Week Contest

Back to Article
Back to Article

Teacher Appreciation Week Contest

In terms of our academics, ACP prides itself on having excellent educators with credentials and skills in both teaching their respective subjects and motivating their students to develop goals that reach beyond excellence.  From AP Literature to AP Statistics, ACP teachers have shown they are truly the best in what they teach, and ACP is grateful for everything they do to prepare our students to succeed in college-styled education. Therefore, it is of great importance for us to show our appreciation for our teachers in whichever way we can.

Teacher Appreciation Week was first officially created on March 7, 1980 when Congress declared it to be a national day of recognition toward U.S educators. At the time, Teacher Appreciation was National Teacher Day where teachers would be honored on the first Tuesday in March. However, the National Parent Teacher Association would later designate the first full week of May as Teacher Appreciation Week and the Tuesday of that week as National Teacher Day, stating that this week and specific day would serve the purpose of “honoring teachers and recognizing the lasting contributions they make to our lives.”

During Teacher Appreciation Week, ACP would like to encourage our students and their families to celebrate our teachers, whether it is by writing a simple thank you note for a specific teacher or by bringing in an apple as tradition would dictate. Other ways appreciation and gratitude could be shown is through sharing small treats and gifts as students and parents across the United States have typically done in the past. Some examples would wrapping up homemade cookies to give to all their teachers or purchasing a gift card to deliver to a specific teacher.

However, no matter the way students and parents decide to show their appreciation, teachers should be recognized and honored for all their hard work . This appreciation does not necessarily have to be with gifts or letters because, for most teachers, gratitude is best shown through the attitudes of their students and the effort their students put into their academics.

We hope Teacher Appreciation week this year at ACP will be prosperous, and we thank our educators for all they have done!

• Teacher Appreciation Week Contest

Campus Life

ACP’s Annual High School Awards Night

• Teacher Appreciation Week Contest

Campus Life

Annual Faculty Golfing Outing

• Teacher Appreciation Week Contest

Campus Life

Class of 2019 Commencement Ceremony Approaches

• Teacher Appreciation Week Contest

Campus Life

Mrs. Dalton Receives the Outstanding FAFSA Performance Award

• Teacher Appreciation Week Contest

Campus Life

Literary Magazine Moves Online

• Teacher Appreciation Week Contest

Campus Life

Connor Dosmann Competes with the Champions

• Teacher Appreciation Week Contest

Campus Life

JR High Math Club Named 2019 Champs at Competition

• Teacher Appreciation Week Contest

Campus Life

Last Friday’s Eight Grade Formal

• Teacher Appreciation Week Contest

Campus Life

How to Survive the AP Exams

• Teacher Appreciation Week Contest

Campus Life

Chandler Education Foundation Night of Recognition

Teacher Appreciation Week Contest