The Anthony Bates Foundation Offers Heart Screenings

In the United States, heart disease is considered the leading cause of death for both men and women, and tens of thousands of people are affected by heart disease every year. From Coronary Artery Disease to Congestive Heart Failure, heart disease is a prevalent and, of course, unwanted presence in many people’s lives. This is the reason why it is of upmost importance for every individual to take initiative in monitoring the healthiness of their hearts often, whether through doctor checkups or screenings. Luckily for our ACP students, their family, and their community members, this process is possible as a result of the Anthony Bates Foundation offering heart screening opportunities for all ACP students, their families, and community members.

The Anthony Bates Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to eliminating preventable Sudden Cardiac Arrest by bringing awareness to the danger of heart disease and preventing the possibility of Sudden Cardiac Arrest by offering live-saving cardiac screenings to detect Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (a condition in which a part of the heart thickens without an obvious cause).

The Anthony Bates Foundation will conduct the previously mentioned heart screenings on Saturday, May 4th in the ACP Erie gym from 8:30 A.M. to 12:00 P.M. In order to register for a heart screening, students should go to https://www.anthonybates.org/events.html and scroll down to the AZ College Prep Event Registration, where time slots can be reserved. For students, the price to receive this heart screening will be $25 per electrocardiogram (a medical test that detects heart problems by measuring electrical activity in the heart) or $65 per electrocardiogram and ultrasound. For adults, the price will be $90 per electrocardiogram and ultrasound. The mentioned amounts are tax-deductible.

Being aware of the current status of your body is vital for your personal safety and health. By taking advantage of opportunities such as these heart screenings, an individual reduces the risk of receiving a preventable heart disease, protecting them from worsening symptoms due to neglecting care for the disease. Save a life by screening and treating, Knights!