The Start of a Legacy

Starting The Year Off With a Bang

Despite having twelve previous “first day of school” days, I found myself anxious to return to ACP. While looking for my parking spot in the sea of cars, the only thoughts which crossed my mind consisted of my new teachers, schedule, classes and the never-ending fear of getting lost in the halls. With an iced coffee in one hand and my beloved Canon camera in the other, I uneasily slammed my car door and headed toward the big, black, front gates. Immediately, the bouncing seniors greeted me like family. Suddenly, ACP felt radiant, despite the luminous rain clouds overhead. As I stepped on campus, the bells echoed throughout… the first day officially began.

With tired eyes and energetic spirits, the students of Arizona College Prep- Erie piled into the over-crowded gym for the first assembly of the day. With skits, games, musical numbers, and unforgettable puns, the class of 2018 explained the ins and out of surviving high school. Despite the dreary weather, the seniors managed to put a smile on every one’s face. While interviewing incoming Knights, a majority agreed their favorite part of the day was the seniors’ high hopes and welcoming attitudes. Andrea Linder (pictured above), a current freshman, explained how pleasant the atmosphere was. She continued by expressing how the happy and caring vibes made her feel welcomed and happy to start the new school year.

By the end of the day, students were feeling the effects of waking up with the sun, yet the seniors somehow managed to keep everyone entertained for the last hour of the school day.  After a heartfelt “Good luck!” from the leaders of ACP, and final words from our beloved principal, Mr. Bickes, another “first” officially came to a close.

Knight Times • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in