Our Second District Night of Recognition

Photograph from a previous Night of Recognition

Every year, the Chandler Unified District holds a District Night of Recognition, where staff, students, and volunteers from our Chandler schools are honored for their hard work in positively representing CUSD. According to the official CUSD website, the Night of Recognition is broken up into two different dates, the first one being the night in which one staff member, student, and volunteer are chosen from each school and the other being the night in which state and national champions from various clubs, sports, and other academic organizations are announced.

The first District Night of Recognition was held at the Chandler Center for the Arts this past February 6th, where ACP’s Mrs. Ellen Boyd, Mr. Rumsey, and Kaitlyn Starks were recognized for their excellence in the Chandler education community, and the second District Night of Recognition will be held Wednesday, April 16 at 6:30 PM in the same place.

During this night, our National Merit Finalists, AzSEF 1st place winners, and Speech and Debate state champions will be recognized for their accomplishments and titles as national or state champions in their respective areas. Additionally, Mrs. Nath will be recognized for receiving the Flinn Foundation Award, which gifts grants for teachers to utilize for specific programs. Along with Mrs. Nath, Kamal Shaik (senior) will also be introduced and recognized for winning a scholarship from National Honors Society. Kamal was one of the students who moved onto the semi-finals in Arizona.

We congratulate all the individuals who were chosen to be recognized at the District Night of Recognition and know they truly deserve the honors that will be bestowed upon them by CUSD. From their work integrity to their academic merit, Mrs. Nath and the mentioned champions have demonstrated what it means to be a true Knight. We are incredibly proud to have these wonderful individuals on campus to uphold ACP’s reputation of being school that exhibits excellence, success, and passion.

For those who can, make sure to attend the District Night of Recognition tomorrow night!