Another Splendid Opportunity for ACP’s Students

At ACP, students have many advantages when it comes to applying for and receiving scholarships. One scholarship in particular, the Presidents’ Honors Scholarship, allows students to get a hands-on experience that will help their future career. Created for students who are academically inspired to learn more, the Presidents’ Honors Scholarship will stimulate and cultivate a deeper wealth of knowledge. It focuses on educating its students in depth on thinking, reading, writing, and communicating with lecturers (faculty and guests). Students who are a Presidents’ Honors Scholar usually stay committed to their college, honors program, and studies.

Chandler-Gilbert Community College campus in Chandler, Arizona

However, the Honors Program at Chandler-Gilbert Community College (CGCC) has added a couple of changes to its Presidents’ Honors Scholarship this year. The scholarship will pay a full-time tuition fee and registration fee for at least four consecutive fall and spring semesters to its beneficiaries. To be eligible for the scholarship, students must graduate from a North Central Association (NCA) accredited high school in Maricopa County. Students who graduated from a NCA high school in Maricopa County must have a cumulative unweighted high school G.P.A of at least 3.25 or higher by the time they graduate from high school.

The scholarship does not cover the price of books, and to attend honors classes, you must be accepted into the Honors Program. Each semester you must take at least one three-credit honors course and complete a project that consists of research, writing, and presenting. Please keep in mind that a student cannot receive the Presidents’ Honors Scholarship nor the Honors Achievement Scholarship at the same time.

To apply, go to CGCC’s Honors website (www.cgc.edu/honors) and click on the application tab. Fill out the application and make sure to attach your high school transcript. Fortunately, there are no fees to apply. 

If you are interested in attending Chandler-Gilbert Community College, a speaker from the college, Lilibeth, will be visiting Erie campus February 20th to review general information during club time. They will stay throughout B Lunch for any seniors that would like to apply and will meet in the college and career center conference room to finish application processes. For more information, speak to one of the counselors or Mrs. Dalton in the college and career center.