John Hopkins Engineering Innovation Summer Program

High school is the time for teenagers to find his or her passions in life. Luckily, ACP has many opportunities to utilize different programs in order for its students to refine their unique passions. One of these fantastic opportunities is the John Hopkins Engineering Innovation Summer Program. This program is a great way to learn more about engineering before a person’s journey into college.

Image result for John Hopkins engineering programFor some background information, John Hopkins is a University located in Baltimore, Maryland. With a population of about 26,000, John Hopkins is well-known for their college of medicine, due to the fact they are discovering new methods in transforming health care and advancing biomedical research. Now, John Hopkins also has an excellent graduation rate of 93% and has an average cost of about $34K after financial aid costs are covered.

Knights, John Hopkins offers many programs for high school students, all surrounding different aspects of education. This Engineering Summer Program, like many of the other programs, offer scholarships for those who need them, including both partial and full need-based scholarships for commuting students. Now, just as any program, John Hopkins’ Summer Program does have some requirements. These requirements are as follows: As and Bs in math and science classes, taken Algebra II, taken Physics or Chemistry, taken Trigonometry or learned to use trig functions, up through application of laws of sine and cosine to solve non-right triangles in another math course, and must be a rising juniors or seniors in high school.

This opportunity will help any student decide if engineering is the program for them! John Hopkins in generous enough to host high school students in many different programs, such as their outreach and computer science programs. Knights, if you are interested in engineering, you should make sure to look into this program by following the link below. Visit with Mrs. Dalton for any further questions.

Picture and information from: https://ei.jhu.edu/